Strobe Tuner for Synthesizer Pitch Tuning

If you are about to tune your analog synthesizer with a tuning tool like a guitar tuner, I highly recommend using a Strobe Tuner.

A strobe tuner "strobes" visually into the direction the pitch tends to go out of tune on the current note. The strobing effect will stop once the pitch is dead on.

Strobe Tuner Plugin
I recently stumbled upon one by accident (and wonderered why in all the years I never came across one) when I was looking for tuning tools since every tuner plugin I have was unable to process high pitches which are required for CS-80 tuning (A7 is required for adjusting the highest pitch, which means a frequency of 3520hz). Looks like most tuner software are just made with only guitar players in mind, which is a bummer.

The strobe tuner plugin I use is this one (not affiliated with the company, just ran into it recently when looking for tools). It can go up to C8 and it gave me every information I needed during the tuning process. The strobing bar was a great help, because as we all know, besides pitch sometimes even slight tracking offsets between two adjustment points can cause a headache and/or high blood pressure if the tuning is not as proper as it can get over a span of multiple octaves.
Strobe Tuner for Synthesizer Pitch Tuning Strobe Tuner for Synthesizer Pitch Tuning Reviewed by MFox on 10:00 PM Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.